The department of Microbiology has lost a student. The young lady identified as Queen lost her life after she bought kerosene mixed with petrol for her stove and tried to light it.
In an interview with some of her friends, it was revealed that she died on Sunday, 22nd April, 2018 from high degree burns caused by the explosion. Queen celebrated her birthday a few days before her demise.
At the time of compiling this report we could not get more information and pictures from her family.
Please let’s try to be extremely careful in our daily live activities so that we don’t attribute our mistakes to the devil. Little things/precautions matter a lot. This innocent girl has lost her live as a result of kerosene explosion. Not only her but others among whom some have lost their lives untimely. Be careful where you purchase your kerosene.
Refill your lanterns and stoves while they are off. Don’t use your mouth to blow off your stove. Make sure it’s off completely before taking it inside. Avoid sleeping with your lantern on and inside your bedroom. Avoid black market purchase. Kerosene should be kept out of the reach of our children. Don’t send a minor to buy kerosene let alone filling/refilling lantern or stove or to put them on or off. Take your stove outside for cooking and avoid late night cooking with stove.
A happy repose to Queen who has passed away. Amen.